Re: Announcing the Development of LSMB RDE

On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 3:23 AM, Armaghan Saqib <..hidden..> wrote:
Chris Travers wrote:
> Develop LedgerSMB, Reduced Dependency Edition in an effort to make the
> software more acceptable to new users.
Excellent. In the middle of reading your post, I had already decided to
say goodbye to LedgerSMB for good. How quickly we jump to the
conclusion. strange.

I tried to keep it sufficiently unreasonable that there would be at least some doubt in peoples' minds that we were serious.

On a serious note, this is an issue for new users who want to have a
feel of the software but are not willing to put some effort into
installation and resolving various Perl dependencies.

This is true.  Ideally, we should have everything set up so that a package can be installed which installs everything either by itself (as in an MSI) or in conjunction with a system's repositories.  I think there is still a lot of progress to be done here.

I was thinking to setup a separate server to offer a 3 to 6 months free
hosting for LSMB new version to help such people try it out for a
reasonable period. (and hoping to convert them permanent hosting clients
too).

Sounds good.

Best regards

Armaghan