Re: Non real-time synchronization

On Wed, 2 Jan 2008 10:57:33 -0800
"Chris Travers" <..hidden..> wrote:

> Yes.
>
> It seems to me that we would need to get more information about Billmax and
> how the data is stored in that program before we could offer any concrete
> suggestions.  How do you want this to work?

Billmax stores everything in a mysql database. I have already exported
a csv file of my current customers from billmax and imported into
ledger-smb using mypgadmin. I imported the Billmax customer number into
the customer number field of ledger-smb

Billmax uses a payhist table which has all credits, payments, and
charges to accounts (it has other info there but we don't use it or I
can do manually). Up until the last day of the month one can edit the
items in the payhist table, after that they are not to be edited, so
I suspect that my best course of action is to export last months Billmax
data on the first of every month.

I guess my question at this point is (unless I am missing something?)
when I export three columns into three respective csv files:

for charges - amount, account number and description
for payments - amount, account number and description
for credits - amount, account number and description

how and where do I import that into ledger-smb linking the billmax
account number to the ledger customernumber?

I hope I am not missing anything and happy to provide more details.

--
Carl