Re: Proposal-- regular scheduling of bugfix releases

On Wed, Jan 02, 2008 at 12:52:37PM -0800, Chris Travers wrote:
> In the past this has meant that we email the release out to everyone else.
> Under my proposal, it would be uploaded to a different package on
> Sourceforge.  We should probably append the letter 'v' for a validation
> upload.

On that note, I propose that for validation tarballs we use the scheme
that I used on my validation tarball: "X.Y.Z-vN".  This accounts for the
fact that we have used multiple validation tarballs in the past and that
we don't want validation releases confused with final releases.

--
Seneca
..hidden..