Re: Proposal-- regular scheduling of bugfix releases

On Jan 2, 2008 12:48 PM, Jeff Kowalczyk <..hidden..> wrote:
Chris Travers wrote:
> If the number of bugfixes are small and the software is easily testable,
>  validation should take no more than 48 hours.

What does LedgerSMB release validation entail? I've always been curious
about that.

We basically package the release and submit it for review.  In the past this has been largely been done by the core team but this was originally at least in part due to the fact that we were doing a *lot* more in the way of security releases in our early days.  There is an argument that this should be a more transparent process and I generally agree with that.

In the past this has meant that we email the release out to everyone else.  Under my proposal, it would be uploaded to a different package on Sourceforge.  We should probably append the letter 'v' for a validation upload.