Re: Persistent connections to database?

Chris Travers wrote:
On Nov 16, 2007 10:51 AM, Charley Tiggs <..hidden..> wrote:
Hello all,

Is it possible for LedgerSMB to work with persistent connections to the
database?  If so, how would I go about making that happen?

<snip...>

Also, if there are specific other issues you are running into
(performance, scalability, etc), please let us know.  Maybe we can
come up with easier solutions to those as well.

My client had a "Virtual Tent Sale" over the past two days where everything was 50% off. When a sale is made, a sales order is created in LSMB so that we can keep track of inventory committed. We then turn around and use that information to ship the order, creating the vendor invoice in the process.

When the site is swamped and 20 or 30 orders are being placed at once, it tends to eat up the db connections, not allowing anything else to connect until they're done. I increased the shared memory and then increase the db connections on the db server twice and we still saw all of our connections being eaten up by LSMB.

Just thought I would ask if persistent connections or even connection pooling was possible under such a high load environment to at least mitigate that kind of situation.

Charley