Re: Persistent connections to database?

On Nov 16, 2007 10:51 AM, Charley Tiggs <..hidden..> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Is it possible for LedgerSMB to work with persistent connections to the
> database?  If so, how would I go about making that happen?

In a CGI structure, I don't believe it is possible.  Note however,
that we only use 2 db connections (one for auth and one for data) in
LSMB 1.2.x instead of the larger number used in LSMB 1.1.x and SL.  In
some live tests, this has been shown to mitigate the performance costs
of increasingly relying on CPAN.

I know that some people have done some work in this area (mostly
porting to mod_perl and Apache::DBI).  I haven't seen either the work
or the results, so I am not going to provide any guarantees.  If you
do this, please feel free to contribute the work back (again, same
goes for anyone else having done this).

Also, if there are specific other issues you are running into
(performance, scalability, etc), please let us know.  Maybe we can
come up with easier solutions to those as well.