Re: LedgerSMB 1.3. PostgreSQL 8.3, and full text search

On Nov 5, 2007 3:20 PM, D. Hugh Redelmeier <..hidden..> wrote:
> [Warning: newbie!!]
>
> | 1) I don't know if this is possible but if we can create a "wrapper"
> | for PostgreSQL 8.3 which mimics the old behavior, we can simply add
> | that as an optional db script.
>
> On a theoretical basis, it is better to do the wrapper the other way
> around.  Wrap the old API to look like the new one.

The only issue (as Joshua has pointed out) is that 8.3 isn't out yet.
In general I agree with you and would propose that:
1)  1.3 only support the old API (allow wrappers to support the new one)
2)  Reverse this for 1.4, so that everything looks like it uses the
new API and wrappers are used for old servers.