Re: LedgerSMB 1.3. PostgreSQL 8.3, and full text search

[Warning: newbie!!]

| 1) I don't know if this is possible but if we can create a "wrapper"
| for PostgreSQL 8.3 which mimics the old behavior, we can simply add
| that as an optional db script.

On a theoretical basis, it is better to do the wrapper the other way
around.  Wrap the old API to look like the new one.

Eventually the wrapper can be thrown away (once everyone has migrated
to newer PostgreSQL).  This is much better than having to keep the
wrapper forever.  It is much better than having a "flag day" when all
code must switch to the new API.

This is the way the Linux kernel folks do it.