Re: Quest for information: Accounts Receivables/Payables Values

On 8/2/07, Charley Tiggs <..hidden..> wrote:
Hello all,

Yesterday, I ran across an anomaly and I've been scratching my head
trying to figure out where the discrepancy is but am having little luck.

In a nutshell, the AR/AP values on the balance sheet seems to be grossly
over-inflated.  If I go into the db directly and calculate the totals, I
get values that are in the $150,000 range.  But if I look at the balance
sheet within LSMB, it's saying that there's $750,000 outstanding, which
is grossly inaccurate.  Similar situation with AP.

The reporting SQL code is fairly ugly because of the current database design.  I will post an overview a little later.  In the mean time, can you tell me what queries you are running in the database to genenerate these?

So, my question: Can someone explain to me, at a high level, how these
two values are calculated for the balance sheet?

I will have to review the code.

  It is especially
puzzling in the case of AP because none of those invoices are being
generated by the web application.  In the case of AR, nearly all of the
invoices are being generated by the web application so I'm trying to
find out where I may have gone wrong with things.

Thanks in advance,

Charley