Suggestions for multi-office setup?

We have 3 offices in our company and currently use 3 copies of QuickBooks. What is the best way to use LedgerSMB in our situation? We would like to be able to use the same master inventory list so updates only have to happen once for all 3 locations. But, we would like each of the 3 locations to have separate accounts. Also, we would need to be able to transfer inventory between the 3 offices.

Can a single installation handle this or would we need to install 3 local copies and write a script to sync the inventory between the 3 databases?

Thanks,
Barry Michels
The Advanced Group, Inc.