Re: Dual units of measure

On 7/7/07, Steve Redler IV <..hidden..> wrote:
I'm considering adding dual units of measure to Leger SMB and I am
curious if anyone else has started to work on this.

Not that I am aware of.  This would certainly be of interest to a lot
of LSMB users.  The inability to handle different units in purchasing
and sales certainly has been an area in the current software that
could use improvement.

However, I am wondering if it would be better to have multi- rather
than dual- unit support.  I.e. one vendor may sell an item in 5lb
cases, while another vendor may sell them in 10lb cases.  Of one could
create multiple purchase unit types with conversions, then that
problem would be removed.  Similarly, one could use unit definitions
to provide volume discounts.

Either way you are interested in going, I would be more than happy to
provide any assistance I can.  Even if it is only dual-unit support it
would be a step in the right direction (and something we could build
on).