Re: For those interested in the CRM/Entity management

Hi

- Normalisation is often good, but it's also painful sometimes.  I need
to cut and paste addresses in and out of the system and right now it
needs loads of work to paste into each field.

What are you cutting and pasting out of and why aren't you using a form
or other tool such as OOBase or Access to do it?

Emails...  "Dear sir, please send me 200 widgets to 223 Somewhere street, out of town, UK"

Also the current workflow doesn't work well for me with telephone enquiries.  Typically I spend most of the call talking about products and prices, then only at the very end of the call do I discover that they would like to buy something and take down their address details - being able to put in a new customer *after* having typed up a quote would be a superb addition...  So in my case I normally use Notepad to jot down the details and write up the quote after the call has finished (hence the cut and paste again)

Make sense?

- Multiple email addresses and tel numbers are possible.  However, also
useful to mark one or more as "primary"

Disagree, by the very term, you can only have a single primary number.
Keep in mind that you could always add more.

I think this was originally a typo on my part - however, in retrospect I think I still have quite a few customers who give me a bunch of different numbers, but only some of them are really useful (perhaps work and then mobile), hence it may be useful to have more than one "primary" number (whatever you call it to make it semantically sensible...)

Just a thought anyway

Thanks for listening...

Ed W