Re: Custom input fields/tables

Also I will send a detailed explenation of this tomorrow or the next
day.  If you don't see it, remind me (I am travelling at the moment).

On 5/22/07, Chris Travers <..hidden..> wrote:
It is likely that custom_ scripts will be removed in favor of an
entirely new system.  Customers/vendors/employees willb e replaced in
1.3, much of the rest of the app will be replaced in 1.4.

_custom scripts have a few issues in that saving them automically,
etc. is a problem.  We are moving instead to custom fields which are
automatically picked up and saved on certan entities.  Currently these
include parts, invoices, and orders.  Then you have to do the user
interface customization (using _custom scripts for this for now), but
the new architecture will move this into custom workflow scripts and
custom templates.