Re: Suggestions for Table Design for Attendance tracking

On 5/16/07, Joshua D. Drake <..hidden..> wrote:
Chris Nighswonger wrote:
> Hi all,
>   I'm beginning preliminary design work on a membership module for
> LedgerSMB. One of the basic features of this module will be attendance
> tracking. I would like to hear suggestions on how the relationship
> between members and events should be handled. Currently my
> considerations include two tables with possibly a third. There is a
> memberinfo table which includes mem_id as the pkey, and there is an
> eventinfo table which includes event_id as the pkey.

This seems like you would want to play off the upcoming CRM features
where memberinfo would point to the entity_details table and you would
have a entity_type of member or something like that to build out the
relationship.

Ok. I missed the fact that CRM was in the works, and this will make
life somewhat more simple in doing membership.

Thanks,
Chris