Re: Ledger SMB

..hidden.. wrote:
Folks,
2.  Perl vs PHP

My question is: any planned changes to this architecture?  If so, why?

I am not a LedgerSMB developer (but probably will contribut one day when
my new born no longer needs diapers), but boy Perl and PHP architecture
change seems like a very daunting task!?

You know, Perl can call PHP and vice versa and remotely and securely too
and we do that on a daily bases to extract sales/new customers data from
OSCommerce (PHP) to SL (PERL). We are now working on mapping the two
database schemas so the online ordering system can do real time inventory
check against the main database (SL) and the two servers are located on
the opposite coasts.

Tim

To second Tim's observation, I've just launched a custom ecommerce site that uses LSMB 1.2.3 and PHP 5. We do have real time inventory working great with several custom views that are accessed by PHP. Orders are entered into LSMB in real time using the CLI interface from PHP. So far, we've only had minor issues with the entire set up and most of those issues were due to a lack of understanding LSMB and some of the assumptions it makes.

I'm working on putting some of the cli calls I make on the wiki when I find the time...

Charley