Re: Yet another Disturbing type of Exploit

On Thursday 19 April 2007, Chris Bennett wrote:
> Are there plans for the new interfaces to "degrade gracefully" without
> loss of function (some loss of convenience couldn't be avoided), if a
> person found that javascript HAD to be turned off and kept off because
> of non-LSMB security issues?

 We haven't decided as to how we will use AJAX yet as far as I know. One thing
we definitely won't be doing is adding AJAX for AJAX's sake (like so many
sites seem to do). We will probably also consider a graceful degrading of
some sort as well, although the whole point IMO of using AJAX is to simplify
backend coding and to enhance the UI at the same time.

Cheers,

Chris