Re: Date Entry widget for 1.3

Hi, Chris,

Chris Travers wrote:
> Hi all;
>
> I think that it is time that we address the question of what sort of
> date entry widget to use for new UI code in 1.3 (it is too soon to
> know if all code will be able to support this in 1.3).
>
> Are there nominees for a date widget?

I've used JSCalendar with great success in several projects. However, in
my current project, I'm starting to move to Dojo as a general UI
framework. The date widget isn't quite as nice as JSCalendar, but it has
a number of other widgets that would really be a fantastic addition to
the interface, including:

* number spinners, can either type or click up/down buttons
* auto-complete widget, ala Google suggest, great for looking up
accounts/line-items/etc.
* Filter table, with automatic sorting browser-side by clicking on a
table heading

... these widgets are incredibly easy to set up (though example code is
really hard to find) and degrade gracefully back to normal form controls
if Javascript is disabled/unavailable.

Dojo also has a rich text editor (HTML editor) component, which I
haven't tried yet.

Cheers,

--
John Locke
"Open Source Solutions for Small Business Problems"