Re: LedgerSMB companion projects

Jeff Kowalczyk wrote:
And we still don't have a public demo up yet.

The existence of a representative demo dataset is probably called for there.
None of the potential users I ever showed the public SQL-Ledger demos could
look past the nonsense entries in the public demo instances. It did more harm
than good.

Until then, screenshots of good data with captions are preferable, I think. It
would be handy to have a selenium test suite to single-step through the demo
script so we could periodically regenerate the screenshots as the UI gets updated.

I have to agree on this one. SL was a hard sell when I sent them the demo links. I had to set up a demo server for the client to enter their own data to play with before they finally started seeing the potential. And even then, the interface was/is so hard to use that they still have reservations about using it directly, which is why I've spent so much time writing wrapper scripts in php that make it simple and hide the logic.

Depending on who you're targeting, the current state of LSMB might scare away as many people as you're trying to attract.

Charley