Re: Self-documenting API Proposal

On 1/30/07, Josh Berkus <..hidden..> wrote:

> I can get argument types out, but not argument names.

Eh?  Why not?

I mean you can't get funciton names out of sql function declarations
unless you enforce some coding standards which may cause unexpected
results in places.  Also in some languages, naming the arguments is
not as straight-forward.  So we would be pretty much limited to
plpgsql.

I think it is better to attach internal catalogs which maintain these
functions.  But that is more work for us and I am happy to reconsider
:-)