Re: Rehash: LedgerSMB Wiki

> > Could you by chance tell us what you feel Trac would actually give us
> > that we don't have right now? (except for perhaps the timeline?).
>
> The main impression is that Trac is a good environment for newcomers to browse
> project activity. I think it attracts people to a project's development
> process.

O.k. now this is an argument I can buy into.

> Highlights seem to me to be the post-commit-hook ticket workflow, and the
> side effect that such commit messages link changesets directly to (and are
> linked from) tickets.
>
> Webadmin makes some trac admin delegation feasible. Unified search of tickets
> and changesets is useful.
>
> The milestone view's graphical sorting of ticket completion, by component,
> per milestone can be a good indicator for users who are asking about release
> schedules.

O.k. these are all very good arguments. My main argument against would
be that it is administratively difficult to manage. For example, I have
zero desire to allow anonymous ticketing. I also have zero desire to
allow anonymous wiki access.

That means we need a signup and confirmation facility.

Joshua D. Drake