Re: Rehash: LedgerSMB Wiki

--- "Joshua D. Drake" <..hidden..> wrote:
> As someone who has over 50 Trac installations (...)

Got it, I won't turn the thread into a Trac commercial. Well, you know all
these features, and you've probably run into admin issues with larger
projects that I haven't yet encountered in my own.

> There are things that are wonderful about Trac and you do mention them
> below but I would note that we already use ticketing, and commit to
> email via SourceForge.
>
> Could you by chance tell us what you feel Trac would actually give us
> that we don't have right now? (except for perhaps the timeline?).

The main impression is that Trac is a good environment for newcomers to browse
project activity. I think it attracts people to a project's development
process.

Highlights seem to me to be the post-commit-hook ticket workflow, and the
side effect that such commit messages link changesets directly to (and are
linked from) tickets.

Webadmin makes some trac admin delegation feasible. Unified search of tickets
and changesets is useful.

The milestone view's graphical sorting of ticket completion, by component,
per milestone can be a good indicator for users who are asking about release
schedules.