Re: Rehash: LedgerSMB Wiki

> Would http://trac.edgewall.org/browser/trunk/contrib/sourceforge2trac.py
> perform the migration sufficiently well?

I would need to look at it.

> Not having information on the other priorities, that may be the case. But I
> will say this; Trac would likely be the biggest multiplier of your community,
> and its involvement in submitting patches and testing or maintaining branches.

As someone who has over 50 Trac installations between corporate and
customer projects I can say that it is indeed a valuable tool. However,
Trac is far from perfect and actually pretty much sucks for large scale
projects from an administrative perspective.

Trac is great if you only have a dozen or so real users. A solid
community is going to attract many more than that (I would hope).

There are things that are wonderful about Trac and you do mention them
below but I would note that we already use ticketing, and commit to
email via SourceForge.

Could you by chance tell us what you feel Trac would actually give us
that we don't have right now? (except for perhaps the timeline?).

Joshua D. Drake