lsmb , vtiger, rest api, DB-link and integration

Hi,
I am researching the possibilities for integration of VTiger with LSMB with plans that it has support for RESTful api at some level but cannot find any in the svn head. Am I missing something?
What do you think is the feasibility of such an endeavour ?
Is DB-link a good idea for integration ? I was thinking manipulating mysql(vtiger) from LSMB and manipulatin postgres(LSMB) from vtiger. Do you think this is a good way to go around ? I fear getting stuck to schemas for both vtiger and LSMB and worse part is loss of upgradeability.

What are your ideas and comments?

cheers
Vivek