Diff-minimizing recipe for SQL-Ledger? perltidy, moves, replaces, etc.

As an evaluation step, I've been looking at diffs of SQL-Ledger releases to the
current ledger-smb trunk.

Worthwhile improvements such as whitespace reorganization, file moves, etc. do
improve the ledger-smb codebase, but they also make diff comparison less
viable, which accelerates divergence.

Would it be practical to document these transformations from SQL-Ledger to
ledger-smb? I'm hoping that (TRANSFORM.TXT) can be a reproducible, possibly
scriptable process to preserve some diff-ability between the two codebases. Run
the steps on a SQL-Ledger release, and it would more closely resemble the
ledger-smb trunk.

For example, it would go a long way toward achieving this if there were a set
of perltidy options that could be run repeatably on selected/all files, instead
of manual whitespace cleanup. I've seen something like this with 'PEAR-Spec'
presets for PHPBeautifier.

Other documented steps would be the move from \SL to \LedgerSMB, a few
search-replaces, etc.

Any thoughts? I realize the projects are divergent, but it's always good to be
able to compare changesets among the two projects when possible.