Re: Question about cli interface and invoices

Chris Travers wrote:
Sorry, this got sent before I finished...

On 12/1/06, Chris Travers <..hidden..> wrote:
The main thing missing is the ability to loop through things.

login = username
password = mypassword
LOGIN
MODULE CT
company = My Customer's company name
zipcode = 123456
[other fields as appropriate]
CALL CT->save(user, form)

The if statement at the end I was going to do won't work.

I suppose I should add an if not...

Anyway, that should get you going.
Perhaps a better way to do this would be if you send me a commend
using the interface you are currently using and I convert it into the
script.

I took a crack at it a couple of more times this weekend and it's still not clicking for me...

Here's a command-line entry known to work:

./ct.pl "action=Save&
name=Jane Doe&
address1=123 Jump Street&
address2=#513&
city=Any Town&
state=TX&
zipcode=12345&
country=US&
contact=Jane Doe&
phone=555/555-5555&
email=..hidden..&
shiptoname=Jane Doe&
shiptoaddress1=123 Jump Street APT 513&
shiptoaddress2=&
shiptocity=Any Town&
shiptostate=TX&
shiptozipcode=12345&
shiptocountry=US&
shiptocontact=Jane Doe&
shiptophone=555/555-5555&
shiptofax=&
shiptoemail=..hidden..&
notes=&
customernumber=1122334455
id=410433&
tax_2150=0&
curr=USD&
employee=me--10157&
taxaccounts=2150&
path=bin/mozilla&
login=honkytonk&
password=bootschooter&
db=customer"

If I understand correctly, the above should translate to the following:

login = username
password = mypassword
LOGIN
MODULE CT
[...]
CALL CT->save(myusername, form)

I then save this to a file and call it as follows:

./ledgersmb_cli.pl /path/to/file.pl

Is that correct?

Charley