Re: Moving to a central db

On 11/3/06, Chris Travers <..hidden..> wrote:
I was thinking about this....

Wondering if it would be easier to have a "convert account" screen
that we could have that would allow people to convert their accounts
on first login, so we don;t have to force a password reset for all
users.

That might not be a bad idea. I also forgot to mention that the
dbpassword also needs this same treatment (as it's packed in the .conf
file), but it's stored in plain text in the users_conf table (security
via obscurity is dumb, security via pack/unpack is even dumber :-).

Cheers,

Chris