Re: LedgerSMB rpm spec

On 10/18/06, Mads Kiilerich <..hidden..> wrote:
Chris Travers wrote, On 10/19/2006 12:52 AM:
> (I
> have renamed the spec file btw).

To ledgersmb.spec. The spec name usually matches the rpm name which
matches the source-tar name - which often matches the domain/sf name.
Which of these are wrong? ;=)

Which usually matches the package name lower-case.

The problem was that it was thought that ledger-smb was a better
representation of the name LedgerSMB than ledgersmb was.  Of course,
LedgerSMB.org works, but ledger-smb.org doesn't.  So maybe this causes
confusion and maybe at some point we will want to have the other
domains too. :-)

> Currently, to create a dataset, you can supply the db superuser
> information in addition ot the regular user.  In this case, the
> application will create the db, etc.  Hence it was the identd auth
> that I will have to think about an alternative to...

That doesn't work for me.
A "db superuser" could be the postgres user on Fedora?
Right.

How "regular" must the "regular" user be? A system user? A postgres
login? With a matching database?

Postgresql login role.  Only needs the right to create database
objects (the default).

A generel problem is that Fedora postgresql outofthebox only supports
"ident sameuser" auth. Ledger-smb requires password/md5 auth, right?

Right.  However, does Fedora require ident sameuser?  Or is that just
the standard way it works?  I know the Debian and Ubuntu startup
scripts have issues if you change the identd sameuser for all users,
but I didn't think the RedHat ones did (even there I suspect that
/home/postgres/.pgpass would work to prevent the problem).  I have not
seen anyone have that issue with Fedora though....

As I say, it is fine for now.  We will probably want an "Installation
Readme" that can be redirected from the .htaccess file so that the
user can be told what to do to complete the installation.