Re: Discussion of Credit Card Processing Requirements

My current thought is to offer a Business::OnlinePayment driver that
maps data extracted from the track information into that API.  Note
that using it would result in increased processing fees, of course,
but it would allow for some flexibility.  My customers need this now,
and I don't want to be stuck forking the modules while I wait for my
changes to be implemented upstream when only a few lines of code will
do.

Long run, you may be right, and if the situation changes (i.e. many
B::OP modules support card present transactions, as well as the base
API), I think we can change.  And if we have a OnlinePayment driver
for the current system, such a change would be essentially seemless.

On 10/13/06, Tony Fraser <..hidden..> wrote:
On Fri, 2006-10-13 at 09:50 -0700, Chris Travers wrote:
> Currently the CreditCard.pm is a rediculously simple file that does
> nothing more than import a couple of functions from the drivers.  The
> drivers are specified using a configuration file as these are not
> expected to change regularly.

That's the point, Business::OnlinePayment is basically the same. It has
a slightly different API that your CreditCard.pm module but it does the
same thing and there's lots of different drivers already written and
published on CPAN.

--
Tony Fraser
..hidden..