Re: Discussion of Credit Card Processing Requirements

Doesn't look like they support card present transactions properly,
according to their documentation (i.e. no way to pass track dat a to
the processor modules).

It looks like OnlinePayment is designed for ecommerce and not things
like POS, as far as I can tell.  Of course, it is possible to extract
htis data from the track, but then the transaciton gets downgraded
(and set to a higher discount rate) because the cryptographic
signature is not sent to the gateway.

On 10/12/06, Tony Fraser <..hidden..> wrote:
On Thu, 2006-10-12 at 10:39 -0700, Chris Travers wrote:
> SVN now includes a basic credit card processing framework utilizing
> Net::TCLink as its primary (and only included) driver.  It is modular
> however, so other credit card processing gateways could be supported.

Why not base the framework on Business::OnlinePayment? There's a
Business::OnlinePayment::TCLink on CPAN. And if you based the framework
on Business::OnlinePayment you'd get the ability to use all the various
Business::OnlinePayment::* modules.

--
Tony Fraser
..hidden..