Re: Draft 2 of Direction Statement

Ok.  this could use more clarity.  The main purpose is that we should
engineer things so that they will eventually be able to scale to
businesses of any size.  I will clarify that in the next draft.
Something like:

Although our initial target market will focus on small to midsize
buisnesses, we should strive to engineer the software so that it can
scale to any size if businesses demand it or as the smaller customers
grow.

Would that work better?

On 9/26/06, Christopher Murtagh <..hidden..> wrote:
On 9/26/06, Chris Travers <..hidden..> wrote:
> Hi-- anybody have anything to add or points to bring up?
> Goal 3:  Universal Adaptability
> LedgerSMB should strive to be able to meet the needs of all businesses
> whether large or small anywhere in the world.

 Well, I think this might be a bit out of the scope of what we could
reasonably manage. Large businesses generally have much stricter needs
and would probably already have some big ugly ERP system (SAP, Oracle,
PeopleSoft, etc...) that they already pay an army of people to
maintain, run. So, I think we would have a long way to go before
LedgerSMB would even be considered by them. Sure, it would be nice if
this software got there at some point, but IMHO the core focus should
be on the small and medium guys first. Otherwise we could risk
alienating them while chasing a bigger fish that we might never catch.

Cheers,

Chris