Re: Draft Statement of Direction

On Mon, 2006-09-25 at 17:51 -0700, Chris Travers wrote:
> Looking for feedback on this statement of direction.  If it is
> accepted, it will become a part of the project.
The content looks like a very good start... good enough for now anyway.
Just a couple of points:

> LedgerSMB should strive to be able to meet the needs of all businesses
> whether large or small anywhere in the world.
 - Maybe, but it points to maybe the 'SMB' suffix in LedgerSMB being
inappropriate. I think it might be more realistic to go for small to
medium business anyway for at least the short and medium term.

 - Not sure that the contents of each section address the headings, so
maybe the headings need revision, but as a 'brain dump? :-)' its a very
good start. In the spirit of Quality projects, the cornerstone
'Continuous Iterative Improvement' is met. Its an very good improvement
on the nothing defined up til now, and that's the important thing.

 - I use Evolution  for email, and its got a realtime spellchecker,
which is why you probably wont find many spelling errors in my emails.
Methinks you are not using one :-).