Re: COGS incorrect when invoices are reposted

On Thu, 2006-09-21 at 13:15 -0400, Alejandro Imass wrote:

> The idea of re-posting older documents, even though is very cool it's
> not really very practical, and in this country it is illegal! I am in
> favor of defining voiding documents and creating new ones.
Further to some of my other messages on this, if we think in terms of
invoices and other 'time-dependent' tables as representing events: you
cannot reverse an event, just perform a task that is a related (eg
reversing) event, it probably helps clarify everyone's thinking. This is
a 'best practice' :-) way of thinking when modeling systems.

It works like this. (What is reality? I dunno. OK what seems real? I
dunno. OK did something happen that we can agree made something seem
'real'? Maybe. Good, when was this and what can we record that we think
it appeared to be. This is a business event. The business rules are the
agreed things that happen, that cause or allow the Actor (user or
system) to record the event in the system.)

> Also, LedgerSMB should urgently consider adopting a ACL model so we can
> at least have simple user roles that activate and de-activate options.
> Instead of having several buttons at the end of the screen, perhaps
> there could be a sigle action drop-down list and a submit button. This
> way it would be very easy to include allowed actions based on context
> and user role or privilege.
Sounds interesting. User Roles, and prefences and authorities based on
roles and/or users is all related. Feature Request [ 1555150 ] 'Fix
defaults handling' is related. I cant spot others but the whole area
should be there in Feature Requests somewhere.