Re: Call for testing experimental patch

If the id is duplicate, it will violate the unique constraint on the shadow table (id_tracker) when it is inserted and the transaction will fail.

Or am I missing something?

On 9/12/06, David Tangye <..hidden..> wrote:
On Mon, 2006-09-11 at 22:49 -0700, Chris Travers wrote:
> This patch will hopefully get included with the next version but I
> want to put it through some more vetting first.  I am testing it on my
> production machines.
>
> What it does is install a shadow table with a primary key index which
> ensures that transaciton id's are unique across tables.  I see no
> concerns about integrity of production data.
>
> Ideas and feedback are welcome.

I can see that the script is some DDL to create a table that will have
rows of id's that are duplicates of those inserted or updated as of the
point in time that the script is 'installed'. I am scratching my head to
figure out how that will ensure that transaction id's are unique across
tables. Its just some duplicated data isn't it?