Re: setup.pl fails in ledgersmb on squeeze when set up through apt-get install ledgersmb

What I exactly did, was:

1. login as root
2. # su - postgres
3. $ createdb -T template0 newdb
4. $ pg_restore -d newdb db.dump

as was suggested in the postgresql documentation.

regards,

ario

On Sun, 2012-11-11 at 04:26 -0800, Chris Travers wrote:

On Sat, Nov 10, 2012 at 11:53 AM, ario <..hidden..> wrote:
Yes, that did something! Thanks.

I have been able now to log into the setup.pl script and create a
database. Then I read that for the manual import

pg_restore -U user -C database.sql

I take it you are trying to restore a backup?

Instead:

createdb -U user dbanme && pg_restore -U user -d dbname

Chances are your import failed because you had already populated key parts of the db.