Re: setup.pl fails in ledgersmb on squeeze when set up through apt-get install ledgersmb

Yes, that did something! Thanks.

I have been able now to log into the setup.pl script and create a
database. Then I read that for the manual import

pg_restore -U user -C database.sql

the database should not exist already, so in psql I did

DROP DATABASE database

and after logging out of psql, I did the pg_restore.
During the process all (?) the transactions and other data scrolled by
on the screen, and a

/usr/lib/postgresql/9.1/bin/oid2name -d database

afterwards confirmed the existense of database.
After this, logging into setup.pl is successful, and 'rebuild' also.
However, when subsequently I log in through the web interface login.pl,
the database is completely empty, except for one vendor and one
customer: 'Inventory Entity'.

Error message directly after clicking [Login] on the setup.pl script
with
Super-user login: ledgersmb
Password: ledgersmb_pw
Database: database

generates an error message in /var/log/apache2/error.log:
DBD::Pg:st execute failed: ERROR: column "version" does not exist
LINE 1: SELECT version FROM defaults
               ^ at LedgerSMB/Database.pm line 326.

Is this maybe a clue?

Further, when I continue after login on setup.pl, and pres [Yes] on
'Rebuild/Upgrade?', after about 20 seconds of activity the script
returns:

"This database operation has completed successfully. LedgerSMB may now
be used."

and no additional errors are present in apache2's error.log.

Clicking [Continue using LedgerSMB], and then giving
Name, Password and Company, and clicking [Login],
no invoices are found.

regards,
ario