LedgerSMB
The foundation for your business
Fork me on GitHub
[ledgersmb-users] Re: 'Making Tax Digital' and HMRC in the UK

On Sun, 2020-01-12 at 20:33 +0000, Nick Prater wrote:
> On 2020-01-11 16:19, Lyn St George wrote:
> > Hallo,
> >
> > I see WebService::HMRC on cpan with a note that it was originally
> > developed for LedgerSMB, but I can find no reference to it in the
> > list
> > archives.
> >
> > Is there an existing implementation of this?
>
> Hello!
>
> I have been working on a branch to add UK Making Tax Digital
> functionality for VAT reporting to LedgerSMB:
>
> https://github.com/nick-prater/LedgerSMB/tree/mtd-vat
>
> Work commitments last year meant that I haven't progressed this for
> over
> a year, but as far as I recall, the interaction with HMRC is complete
> -
> what's missing is the necessary reporting to extract the VAT return
> figures from lsmb.
>
> For my own business, I currently extract VAT return figures from
> lsmb
> using a spreadsheet and data from Sales->Search and Purchases-
> >Search.
> That works fine for my business, but for a more general solution, I
> remember discussing some additions to the schema, such as being able
> flag accounts as being inside or outside the scope of VAT.
>
> In summary, if we can crack extracting the VAT return figures from
> lsmb,
> the functionality to submit this to HMRC is (or at least was) in
> place.
> Since I last tested, they've added mandatory 'fraud prevention
> headers',
> which may need revisiting.
>
> This is still something I'm keen to complete - especially if there
> is
> interest from somebody else.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Nick

Hi Nick,

This thread is old, but MTD is now upon us alas. I think HMRC have
updated the auth process since your last commit, so I'm wondering if
you have a later version of this? I currently have a copy of Stansoft,
which is in C for linux and uses ncurses rather than a gui and is a
little clunky, but I'm definitely interested in doing this in perl,
either as part of lsmb or on top of Dancer.

Best regards
Lyn