LedgerSMB
The foundation for your business
Fork me on GitHub
[ledgersmb-users] Re: installing ledgersmb 1.7.11 on Ubuntu

[ledgersmb-users] Re: installing ledgersmb 1.7.11 on Ubuntu

Hi John,

On Sat, Apr 18, 2020 at 6:23 AM John O'Gorman <..hidden..> wrote:
Hi

After a fortnight of attempting to install Debian on a new Acer Aspire
3, we gave up.

We have successfully installed Ubuntu and are now attempting to install
LedgerSMB.

Good to hear you succeeded at installing the laptop after all.

Our 1st query is how to install liblocal-lib-perl and cpanminus.

1. apt install cpanminus worked fine .

Good.

2. we tried the same sort of thing with local::lib

apt install liblocal-lib.perl installed without error but when we looked
for where it had been installed

we found it in /usr/share/local/lib.pm.

That's correct, since you're using the system-supplied "local::lib". Also: you have admin rights on your machine, which allows you to install the system-supplied package. Some of the instructions are for users who do not have a system-supplied package because they are not the server admin.

Our reading of the instructions implied that it should be in my home
directory in directory perl5.

How do we do that?

No need to: the further packages that get downloaded with the correct environment variables set, will be downloaded into the ~/perl5 directory. That does require correct setup of a few environment variables, though. Which installation manual are you following?

Regards,

--
Bye,

Erik.