[ledgersmb-users] Re: 'Making Tax Digital' and HMRC in the UK

Hi Nick, Lyn,

On Sun, Jan 12, 2020 at 9:33 PM Nick Prater <..hidden..> wrote:
On 2020-01-11 16:19, Lyn St George wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> I see WebService::HMRC on cpan with a note that it was originally
> developed for LedgerSMB, but I can find no reference to it in the list
> archives.
>
> Is there an existing implementation of this?

Hello!

I have been working on a branch to add UK Making Tax Digital
functionality for VAT reporting to LedgerSMB:

https://github.com/nick-prater/LedgerSMB/tree/mtd-vat

@Nick Prater, thanks for responding to Lyn's mail: I saw it in the archives, but it never reached my GMail mailbox.

Work commitments last year meant that I haven't progressed this for over
a year, but as far as I recall, the interaction with HMRC is complete -
what's missing is the necessary reporting to extract the VAT return
figures from lsmb.

For my own business, I currently extract VAT return figures from lsmb
using a spreadsheet and data from Sales->Search and Purchases->Search.
That works fine for my business, but for a more general solution, I
remember discussing some additions to the schema, such as being able to
flag accounts as being inside or outside the scope of VAT.

If there's anything I can help with, please let me know!

In summary, if we can crack extracting the VAT return figures from lsmb,
the functionality to submit this to HMRC is (or at least was) in place.
Since I last tested, they've added mandatory 'fraud prevention headers',
which may need revisiting.

This is still something I'm keen to complete - especially if there is
interest from somebody else.

Regards,

--
Bye,