LedgerSMB
The foundation for your business
Fork me on GitHub
Re: [ledgersmb-users] Methods to add inventory

Re: [ledgersmb-users] Methods to add inventory

Hi Louis,

On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 2:42 AM, Louis <..hidden..> wrote:

We have a book business where EVERY inventory item is unique (even two copies of the exact same book would be different part numbers.) Back when I was working with LedgerSMB 1.3 I wrote some scripts to update inventory from the book description database. (They appear in chapter 20 of LedgerSMB-manual.pdf :-)

Are these still usable in 1.5.x? Is there a better way to update inventory in a batch or interface way than existed when those scripts were first written?

Yes, they should still be usable with 1.5.x. For 1.6, I've done mostly a rewrite of inventory tracking and adjustments. Possibly, with 1.6, the scripts might not work anymore. However, 1.6 isn't released yet. We can test and work on the scripts at the time you want /need to migrate to 1.6.

Also, I'm not currently aware of a better way to upload inventory (although there's an inventory upload possibility through "Goods & Services" > "Import inventory"; I'm not aware that this will define new part numbers for you during upload...).

Regards,

--
Bye,

Erik.