Re: migration to sql-ledger

On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 4:51 PM, Peeter Pärtel <..hidden..> wrote:
Hi Raido,

I'm in progress on translating LedgerSMB to Estonian. As I have other commitments right now, it's on pause. First I just added to 1.4 translation all I have used for 1.2 translation. There is a lot of new things in 1.4 and I don't have a working 1.4 right now.

For others: Did I understand correctly that in 1.3 and 1.4 and 1.5 I cannot change documents once they are saved? If it is so, it seems I'm stuck with 1.2, as this is a must have functionality for us.

You can save and edit, but you cannot change a transaction once it has been posted to the books.  In other words saving and posting are now different workflows.

This also avoids the fact that reposting invoices always used to mess up COGS.  Now COGS are calculated when the transaction is posted, not when it is saved.

Part f the reason why COGS would get messed up is that since editing after posting is bad accounting practice, there is no best practices on what the COGS numbers are supposed to be after.

Peeter Pärtel

Hi,

Efficito:  Hosted Accounting and ERP.  Robust and Flexible.  No vendor lock-in.
http://www.efficito.com/learn_more