Re: recurring transactions / templates in 1.4?

On Tue, 5 Jan 2016 16:12:40 +0100
Erik Huelsmann <..hidden..> wrote:

> Hi Craig,
>
> On Tue, Jan 5, 2016 at 7:55 AM, Craig <..hidden..> wrote:
>
> > Greetings, everyone!
> >
> > I'm working to upgrade from 1.2 to 1.4 for two clients, and have a
> > few questions and thoughts.  Here's a quick one to start:
> >
> > I understand from the list that there's an intention to move away
> > from recurring transactions and towards separate templates.
>

> That's right. The current recurring transactions are based on posted
> transactions, which means there needs to be a posted transaction
> before you can create recurring transactions. The idea of having
> separate templates is that you can create them even if there's no
> posted transaction.

'Template' suggests to me you're talking about an empty template.

It would come in very handy though if previously posted transactions
could still be recalled so that only one or two fields need to be
adapted for the current transaction.

This will save lots of time.

ario

[snipped]