Re: Description field not showing up on html printed invoice

Hi Jerry,

On Thu, Oct 1, 2015 at 8:13 PM, JBash <..hidden..> wrote:
I'm using ledgersmb 1.4.15 on a debian stretch machine, postgres 9.4, apache 2.4

I am experimenting with using ledgersmb for a small (mostly service) business.  My question has to do with creating invoices to print / email.  At the moment I'm looking at the html printed product from the default invoice.html template, and have noticed that the 'Description' field is blank on the invoices.

I replayed your scenario with my 1.4.17-dev environment (the latest development version), however, I can't reproduce what you said on the *sales* invoice, I *can* however reproduce it on the *vendor* invoice. There were no changes in the templates between 1.4.15 and 1.4.17-dev, so, I can prepare a fix to be released with 1.4.17 and send you an overview of th edifferences, if you like, so you can make similar changes in your template?

  I assume that this should be populated with the line item description on the 'Edit Sales Invoice' page itself.   There is another description field on the invoice (just below the 'Currency' field and above the 'Shipping Point' field.

Correct. The description that's mentioned on the invoice lines is to be the same description as on the line items of the Edit Sales Invoice page.

I have discovered that I can create a service and then auto-populate the line item description with it (after typing a few characters)... very nice.   The other Description field on the 'Edit Sales Invoice' page seems to be entirely manual.

That's right. The second description is entirely manual and doesn't appear on the invoice in the included template.

  With both these fields populated, I still am not getting a description on the line item when I print the invoice to an html file.

Ok. As I said, in the Vendor Invoice (AP), I do see the behaviour you describe. I'm using the 'demo' templates, however, there are other templates as well: 'demo_with_images' and 'xedemo'. Which set do you use?

I'm a very new user, so it's quite possible that I have a mis-understanding about what to expect, so please let me know if this is the case.

Regards,

--
Bye,

Erik.