Re: Installation on OSX Yosemite

In mid-2012 I installed LSMB 1.3 on OS X 10.6 and posted the procedure to this list. It’s now at http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.finance.ledger.smb.user/6347. Andy Satori also documented his similar install  http://www.druware.com/code/index.shtml. OS X is built on BSD Unix, apache and Perl are built in, and there are Mac double-click install packages for Postgresql and TeX. You need Xcode as well. I would strongly advise using a local Perl like Perlbrew to avoid modifying the OS X system Perl. If you are comfortable working at the command line and have an understanding of how all the pieces fit together, you should be able to get a clean installation running on localhost in a couple days, without resorting to MacPorts or Fink. In my case days turned into weeks, although this list was invariably patient and helpful.

If you consider your time valuable, purchasing hosting of LSMB for a period of time from one of the vendors at http://ledgersmb.org/topic/commercial-support would let you begin learning and evaluating LSMB right away. I could have saved a lot of time if someone had suggested that to me earlier. I have used Efficito for LSMB 1.4 and can recommend them highly and the system is always fully patched and up to date.

If you complete an installation on OS X 10.10 please post the procedure here.

Paul Bente