Re: templates, saving report definitions so they can be done again easily

On 01/23/2014 08:35 PM, Chris Travers wrote:
> So one thing that should probably be done as a general course of troubleshooting, assuming you don't have a production database
> named lsmb13installtest is to run the following from in the LedgerSMB installation directory:
>
> sh pre-release-tests.sh > /tmp/lsmbtestlog 2>&1
>
> If you could attach the /tmp/lsmbtestlog that results and email it

That asks for my password as it gets to su -c  "dropdb -U postgres $1" postgres
in
sh tools/delete-company-database.sh lsmb13installtest

The password question just goes to the log file...

For sudo, I have it set for no password, but not when using su.

So, I ran that script separately and commented it out of the calling script.

$ ./delete-company-database.sh lsmb13installtest
Password:
Password:

Then, I run

sh ./tools/pre-release-tests-jg.sh > /tmp/lsmbtestlog 2>&1

and get this at the top of the log:

dropdb: could not connect to database template1: FATAL:  Peer authentication failed for user "postgres"
PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/bin/perl "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "-e" "test_harness(0, 'inc', 'blib/lib', 'blib/arch')" t/01-load.t
t/02-number-handling.t t/03-

===============pre-release-tests-jg.sh================
#!/bin/sh

#sh tools/delete-company-database.sh lsmb13installtest

rm -f /tmp/ledgersmb/dblog*

PGUSER=postgres PGPASSWORD="xxxxx" dropdb -U postgres lsmb13installtest

PGUSER=postgres PGPASSWORD="xxxxx" LSMB_TEST_DB=1 LSMB_NEW_DB=lsmb13installtest make test

===============pre-release-tests-jg.sh================

stumped about bash and sh scripting with passwords and have to work on other things.

I was giving it a good password.  I can get this to run OK with the same password:
su -c "pg_dump  -U postgres --format=d --file=dumpcibolo cibolo" postgres

John Griessen