Re: templates, saving report definitions so they can be done again easily

Hi;

So one thing that should probably be done as a general course of troubleshooting, assuming you don't have a production database named lsmb13installtest is to run the following from in the LedgerSMB installation directory:

sh pre-release-tests.sh > /tmp/lsmbtestlog 2>&1

If you could attach the /tmp/lsmbtestlog that results and email it to me that would be appreciated.  This runs through a significant number of tests including developer tests, tests of the db logic, and so forth, on a new db called lsmb13installtest (any db of that name is dropped first).  Although I have been occasionally known to forget, this gets run before building and before release of each release.

Among other things it tests number handling.

Best wishes,
Chris Travers

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 9:56 AM, John Griessen <..hidden..> wrote:
On 01/22/2014 08:55 PM, Chris Travers wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 9:53 AM, John Griessen <..hidden.. <mailto:..hidden..>> wrote:
>     How do you quickly regenerate a general ledger report so you can check what you've been entering?

> The easiest thing to do in 1.3 is to right-click General Journal/Reports, select new window, and enter your criteria.  Then you
> can reload the report.

I may have an installation problem, or configure/user error.  I get a server 500 error when I do the below:

There is a transaction entered, (I think), for a starting balance in a Savings account, sourced from Retained earnings prior
years.  to see that in a report, ( I have not seen yet), I enter some choices as in this screenshot:

http://cibolo.com/images/lsmb-gl-report-1.png

and get this URL and 500 error displayed by firefox:
http://localhost/ledgersmb/gl.pl?sort=transdate&reference=&account=3590--Retained+Earnings+-+prior+years&account-old=&source=&memo=&description=&notes=&datefrom=2013-12-31&dateto=2014-01-31&interval=1&amountfrom=0.01&amountto=&category=Q&l_transdate=Y&l_reference=Y&l_description=Y&l_debit=Y&l_credit=Y&l_accno=Y&l_balance=Y&path=bin%2Fmozilla&login=test&action="">

The apache2 error.log
$ tail /var/log/apache2/error.log

not of type Math::BigInt::GMP at /usr/share/perl/5.18/Math/BigFloat.pm line 1685.
Compilation failed in require at /opt/ledgersmb/
gl.pl line 7.
[Thu Jan 23 11:34:11.194608 2014] [cgid:error] [pid 3670:tid 2961128256] [client 127.0.0.1:46398] Premature end of script headers:
gl.pl, referer: http://localhost/ledgersmb/gl.pl?login=ledgeradmin&action="">

This last suggest I still have an install problem, or maybe just entered the wrong type in a field, or?

John Griessen
looking at perl module requirements again.

http://www.efficito.com/learn_more.shtml