Re: postgresql settings in fedora 18?

On Wed, 4 Dec 2013 22:12:14 -0800
..hidden.. wrote:

> When I need to set up a postgresql and fedora VM I check out:
>
> http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/13/html/Managing_Confined_Services/sect-Managing_Confined_Services-PostgreSQL-Configuration_Examples.html
>
> Is that what your looking for?

If it means that the ledgersmb database is stored
in /var/lib/pgsql/data, yes.

About the rest I can't be sure as I don't run F13.
Funny though, in the Qubes-OS F18's Selinux is disabled...
Further, there is no /etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql

Also, in my setup the commands
echo $PGDATA
and
echo $PGLOG
return an empty string.
Does that mean there' s something wrong?

I understand there are 3 entities at work here:
1. httpd service
2. postgresql service
3. ledgersmb scripts somehow in between those.

In my setup it goes wrong when I connect to port 5432.
So, I was thinking, httpd would have to know what to do with port 5432.
I assume that would have to put in the /etc/httpd/conf.d/ledgersmb.conf
which I assume it reads during its start.
Well, apparently not, because there's no mention of 5432 in that file.
Another conf file then? None of them mentions what to do with a page
request on port 5432.

I'm afraid this means I absolutely don't understand what's going on,
i.e. as a start, how httpd works.
Time for the documentation, I guess...

regards,
ario