Re: lpr PDF prints to file name _stdin_.pdf

Hi,

I get two problems. I have now tried a ledgersmb APT package in debian wheezy/7.1/LSMB-1.3.34  and a ubuntu raring/13.04/LSM-1.3.25. Both show the same behaviour

I was using 1.2.23 for years as well and was so stupid to install ledgesmb.tar.gz 1.3 on the production machine, somehow loosing the file name with invoice number when updating perl packages (can not retrieve which ones I updated). So I thought I would be done using a debian packaged ledgersmb on a clean debian/ubuntu to solve it, unfortunately the same behaviour exists there as well

I installed cups-bsd to get the lpr command and cups-pdf for printer PDF. These packages are installed on the same server where ledgersmb and apache2 is installed. I created just one product and one customer.

The results below are from debian wheezy 7.1
apt-get update/upgrade before "apt-get install ledgersmb"
perl v5.14.2
cups-pdf_2.6.1-6_amd64.deb

during installation I skipped the database user creation:

- create postgres user in psql (not using APT script): CREATE ROLE ledgersmb WITH SUPERUSER LOGIN NOINHERIT ENCRYPTED PASSWORD 'pwd';
- using ledgersmb/setup.pl in webGUI, all ok.

1. print to pdf always gives filename _stdin_.pdf, I expect a invoice number in the filename

Use of uninitialized value in lc at /usr/share/perl5/LaTeX/Driver.pm line 137.
2013/10/13 19:50:25 - INFO - LedgerSMB::new -- setting dbh from argstr $self->{dbh}=DBI::db=HASH(0x29d7d30)

And the result is a valid PDF with file name _stdin_.pdf

When I do the same PDF but then print to screen the browser gets a filename invoice-2.pdf (invoice number!) and the same valid PDF is opened in a pdf viewer. In the apache2/error.log I do see with print to screen as well: Use of uninitialized value in lc at /usr/share/perl5/LaTeX/Driver.pm line 137 but I do not see the message about "INFO - LedgerSMB::new".

2. print to queue results in no result at all

Use of uninitialized value in lc at /usr/share/perl5/LaTeX/Driver.pm line 138.
Missing command in piped open at LedgerSMB/Template.pm line 489.
print() on closed filehandle LPR at LedgerSMB/Template.pm line 496, <FILE> line 1.
.
.
print() on closed filehandle LPR at LedgerSMB/Template.pm line 496, <FILE> line 221.

I am happy to do more tests, I have ran out of ideas.

Max

On 9 October 2013 18:13, Robert J. Clay <..hidden..> wrote:
Max,

On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 9:33 AM, Max van Biezen <..hidden..> wrote:
> I just made a clean install of wheezy. This time I installed it with apt-get
> ledgersmb (1.3.18). This is just a dedicated wheezy+ledgersmb

   I don't yet have a wheezy test system running again, so I can't yet
test installs like that directly.   Did just recently get my main
server back online but that has a testing version of the 1.2.23-1
package, since I haven't had a chance to upgrade it yet.  (And of
course it's not a 'clean' install anyway, as I've been using it for
years...)

> I get the same results:
> in apache2/error.log:
>
> Use of uninitialized value in lc at /usr/share/perl5/LaTeX/Driver.pm line
> 137.
>
> and as file name _stdin_.pdf

    I'll need to review what you're attempting to do once I have a way
for testing again; in the mean time, please feel free to open a bug
about the issue in Debian (since that's where you found it) on the
ledgersmb package.

> Pity that I cannot upgrade 1.3.34.

    I'm still in the process of getting set up again after a move but
that will be getting packaged.

> Anyone ever encountered the same problem?

    Not that I recall off hand, but I'll have to review your posts
again (to see what you're attempting to do) after I have a test server
up and running again.

Robert James Clay
..hidden..
LedgerSMB Debian/Ubuntu packager