keeping latex files around

Is there some simple debug setting I'm missing that would cause ledgersmb to
not delete the latex files it is creating?  I am seeing an error from latex

(  ! LaTeX Error: There's no line here to end.
   l.178 }
)

which I could debug if I could get at the file and see what is on line 178...

]     ..hidden..  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [