Re: Some issues - slow response times.

Den 15. juli 2013 23:30, skrev Erik Huelsmann:

> [ snipped description of setup ]
>
>      > The 'ledgersmb.conf' file usually contains the name of the host to be
>      > used as the database IP connection host. If you're using a
>
>     It is set to 'localhost'.
>

> Ok. You could try setting it to the path your unix sockets for
> postgresql reside in, that allows bypassing the firewall. If nothing
> else, that's a performance gain, most likely.

I set host to '/var/run/postgresql/' (file '9.1-main.pid' resides here),
but then logon was refused (bad user or password).

> Actually, my (8.4) pg_hba.conf lines are:
>
>   # "local" is for Unix domain socket connections only
> local   all         all                               md5
> # IPv4 local connections:
> host    all         all 127.0.0.1/32          md5
> # IPv6 local connections:
> host    all         all         ::1/128               md5
>

> Note that mine don't list the second IP address that yours do. Maybe
> that's part of the issue? (I have another instance with 9.2 on it, which
> looks exactly like this one).

That was a quotation error which went unnoticed on my part (your answer
is probably html which resulted in unexpected output).  The format in my
file is exactly as yours.

> Ok. Well, it's a bit mystical to me so far. Do the postgresql logs hold
> information which might indicate problems? Maybe multiple rejected
> requests in short succession?

I got these when experimenting with host=/var/run/postgresql/:

2013-07-16 18:28:09 CEST FATAL:  Peer authentication failed for user "arne"
2013-07-16 18:33:30 CEST FATAL:  role "www-data" does not exist
2013-07-16 18:33:31 CEST LOG:  provided user name (arne) and
authenticated user name (www-data) do not match

Apache runs as user www-data.  LSMB directory is owned by root.

I guess I have to play around looking for clues and try different
settings.  But hints are most welcome.

--
Vennlig hilsen / Best regards      |\     ___,,--,        _
Arne Hanssen, Senja, Norway        /,`--''        \-,,__,'/