Re: Add tax to sales order

On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 5:19 PM, Brian Wolf <..hidden..> wrote:
One of our clients using LedgerSMB has customers both local and out of state.

1. Basic: How do we configure LedgerSMB so that retail sales tax is added to a sales order (and a subsequent invoice)?

Sales tax is added if:

1)  The part is taxable, and
2)  The tax is attached to the entity credit account

If either of these is not the  sales tax is skipped.

2. More advanced: How do we configure LedgerSMB so that retail sales tax is added when the customer is local, but don't add tax when out of state?

You want to automatically configure it so that when, say, a billing address is in the state, it adds the tax as to be charged?

Thanks.
Brian

Brian Wolf
Email: ..hidden..
Try out Activus Secure Payments™, our recurring payments application.